• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickled Eggs??

Now now Boilerguy... I know of a couple bars that have them and they are not "redneck" bars either! Last time that I had them though they did not sit well with me... or maybe it was all the drinks that they were sitting on top of! Love them pickeld eggs though so I would like a recipe as well. I made some when I was overseas but that was a long time ago and haven't a clue where the recipe ever got off to. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I've seen a lot of variations, but here is a good basic one.

You can add to this recipe (hot peppers or other spices) to get the heat or sweetness you like.

• 3 tbs sugar

• 1 tsp salt

• 1 tsp pickling spices

• 2 cups vinegar

• 2/3 cup water

• 12 - 16 peeled, hard boiled eggs

Boil sugar, salt, pickling spices, vinegar and water about 8 minutes. Strain and pour over eggs (add a little hot water if you don't have enough to completely cover the eggs). Let set in refrigerator 5 to 7 days. Makes 12 to 16 eggs.