• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

870 Express sight bead ?

BobT

I have a Remington 870 Express 12ga. and my daughters bought me a fiber-optic sight to replace the front bead. I have not been able to remove the original bead. Is the front bead on the express pressed in? I can turn it all day but it doesn’t back out.

If it’s pressed in, would I be better off trading the threaded sight for a magnetic one or is it possible to get the old one out somehow and tap threads into the rib?

Thanks,

Bob

I tried to get the bead off on my 870 and I twisted it right off. I got a snap on fiber optic and put it on in place Works great! I wouldn't have it any other way. The one I have is about 2 inches long and really lights up in low light. Good Luck Kidwalleye

I won a Franchi shotgun at a DU banquet that was missing its front bead. The size of the threaded hole was a non-standard size. I "settled" for a magnetic site. The site lasted about an hour. I am not sure if it came of when I was uncasing the gun or if I lost it when I was hunting. Needless to say I ended up ordering a threaded site that fit the gun. I wouldn't recommend the magnetic site to anybody.