• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Water levels

Bobby Bass

So how much longer do we go before we start worrying about spring water levels? With no snow on the ground and none in the forecast it is looking to be a very dry winter. Lake levels are already down from last year. Is it going to be even that much harder to fish your favorite small lakes?

Yes, a little concerned, but we should remember that even though we don't have any snow yet, we still have about 3 more months of snow making possible with January being the average snowiest month of the year. Plus who knows what's going to happen this spring. April and May might just decide to rain everyday.

I think they are forecasting snow this upcoming weekend.

Lots of time left yet to make snow. One of those 18" - 24" blizzards will catch things up in a hurry (and make the rest of the ice season difficult). smirk.gif Also, we had rain here in Sibley Co. last week that would have produced some rather measurable snow if it was cold enough.

If it's still brown on the ground come March, then I'll begin to be worried.

Quote:

Lots of time left yet to make snow. One of those 18" - 24" blizzards will catch things up in a hurry

I can not remember the last time we had one of those! I remember the big storm of '63... we had to dig a tunnel into the neighbors garage! We were sliding out upstairs windows and got out of school for 3 days! I would sure like to see one though! Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

[quoteI can not remember the last time we had one of those!

When I was in college, I remember two 18+" snowfalls in one winter. It was the winter of 2001-2002 and I was at Saint John's. Not sure about the rest of the state, but we had a mess there.