• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fig rig rods

superfish2

They are a decent rod, I know there has been some tendency for these to frequently break for unknown reasons, so be aware. It is a great rod other wise and they work very well. I am not sure on service, but if it is from Cabelas keep the reciept and if anything goes wrong Cabelas typically has no problem fixing it.

just my 2 cents,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Dan

Bought a Muskies Inc. Edition from a friend and liked the action quite a bit, but it broke while fighting a fish...replaced no questions asked...only regret is the handle could be a little fatter...fixed with Rod Wrap...still like the rod quite a bit, but its not an Avid or a Diamondback...didn't cost as much either though.

I have had a carbon classic for two years and had no problems with it. Just got a 7'6" heavy tooth tamer from the wife for christmas.

I have not fished with the others, so I can't compare them to the Fig Rig. But I have been extremly happy with mine and had no problems.

Their customer service reputation is very good as well.

Mike Wallace

I have the 7'6 Tooth Tamer med hvy muskie rod. Its broken three times in three years. All on the hook set...of very small pike. So, I have to be honest and say that its not my favorite rod...BUT..the customer service has been fantastic!! I e-mailed the company the first time it broke and I had a new rod with in a few days...they just told me to drop the broken one off at a local dealer. The next time it broke I just stopped into Reeds in Walker MN and they gave me another...didn’t even want the broken one back...and the last time it broke....I did the same with Scheels in Fargo ND. The latest malfunction with this particular rod...is the tip came loose and fell off....I just glued it back on and its been fine.

I remember meeting the owner of the company a few years ago at the Muskie Expo in the Mpls/Stpl area....very nice guy! He admitted that some of the rod blanks had problems and thought it had been fixed. He was very up front with me and said that he would go the extra mile to help make the situation right with his customers. So, I have no doubt that if you do have a problem with the rod...you will be covered.

Cliffy.