• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Happy birthday Jonny!

thanks Steve!...I remember 29!..vaguely shocked.gif...lol!...in the recesses of my brain housing group...... I was just a kid at 29!..lets double that grin.gif.....lifes been good though......as long as one still has one's health.......and the ability to walk down an old logging road on a quiet morning, enjoy the sites and smells that nature has to offer..and of course ,capture it on the digital grin.gif

Happy Birthday Johnny!!! Hope that your day is very special. If it were still on I would call your name into Casey Jones lunch time express and have him read it! (Not that we are dating ourselves with that one) Hope it is a great day for you! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Ahhh, Jonny, but the snow is always a comin'. Mine also are ash and varnished rawhide. I love the old-fashioned ways (not to mention the newfangled aluminum and neoprene models aren't that good at floating 250 lbs plus 50 lbs of gear)! Also with the old-fashioned theme and your excellent mood pp go the heating vent duct grate in the floor and the old fireplace. Very cool work. grin.gif

My snowshoes are the Michigan, or teardrop, style. You know, it would be a good deal to plan to get out together on snowshoes and cameras sometime this winter.

We all meet each other over the electronic waves, and I know those Twin Cities pukes have had their share of photo get-togethers. Ain't many up here on the Range. Anyway, shoot me an e-mail if that's something you're interested in.

And, in any case, hope your birthday night goes as well as your birthday day. grin.gif

and thanks Tom! ..........Steve,I think that would be a great idea to head into the brush some weekend to search for some critters or what have you ,be nice if it'd snow though shocked.gif...I frequented the Sax-Zim bog regularily(looking mainly for the great grey owls eagles etc.) last mid winter and found a few wolf kills (deer carcasses)that were pretty well chewed up,not only by wolves but the fox, coyotes, and other meat eaters.i never really stayed any length of time near these kills to photo anything but there's always this year...and of course there's your neck of the woods...been awhile since I've been on snowshoes.will haveto make a few trial runs before I "hit the swamps".lol! ...as you see, the snowshoes I have are the "Alaskans" but I was really leaning on the "ojibwa's"...mainly because they have pointed tips for "parting the brush"(those indians had her figured out!)...but.the alaskans will work just fine..here's the ojibwa's...jonny

faberojibwa.jpg

Jonny, you just let me know, and we'll go.

You take those Ojibwe shoes and round the tops and you'll have my Michigans. I think the Ojibwes are a better design up here than the Michigan, because of the way they part the brush, as you said, but mine were also a December birthday present, and I'm unwilling to give them up. grin.gif