• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-5 Question

Walleye71

Question

The wife really came through this year and got me the LX-5. Can't wait to use it tomorrow. Long time Vexilar user (FL-8 and FL-18). Wanted the zoom any where functionality.

Question, I know the cone is on the wider angle by default. What is the rule for which cone to use in shallower water and which cone do you use for deeper water?

I believe the wider cone is for the shallower water but I can't recall.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

The wider cone will work good for you at any depth. The narrow cone angle is good for fast drop offs where the fish have the chance of not being seen. The other feature you have to try out is the super fine line. In 18 ft of water I can tell if the minnow head is still on my spoon or if I have jigged it off-Very Cool. Good Luck with the new toy.

Jimalm, I noticed that yesterday. My vexilar didn't have that type of seperation. At first I didn't understand why my jigging spoon was so big on the screen but then I would hold the spoon perfectly still and see the seperation. Very cool. I love the MarCum already.