• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I must've been a good girl

Santa brought me a new Weber gas grill for Christmas. It will sure come in handy when we tear my kitchen off this summer! I will be doing some creative cooking for a couple of months while we undergo a kitchen renovation. Gotta love 100+ year old houses!

I had to take our oldest to the Mayo Clinic yesterday, which means a day of fast food, so I am not going to cook hamburgers for the first grill session...we are going to have steak! grin.gif

We have 1/2 beef and a hog in the freezer. The grill will definately get used this winter!

Chicks - you'll love the Weber - best gas grill I've owned and they can really sear the steaks. One thing to watch for, it'll save you a phone call that I made is the grill gets so hot it will appear that the paint is peeling off the inside of the lid. It's just carbon build up.

I called Weber, dissapointed since it wasn't a week old. Gal there said she'd have the lid shipped back, but they see it all the time, just scrub it with a soft brush and water and it'll come off... DUH...OK, sorry for the call ma'am... grin.gif

Our 16 year old daughter has had multiple sclerosis for 2 years now. We have started a new treatment which requires monthly visits to Rochester. This time it was alright, we brought one of her sisters along since there was no school.

The advantages of raising pork, and having friends in the cattle business is never having to buy meat at the grocery store. We get pretty spoiled, though. When pork chops are viewed as lowly as hamburger at times, for instance! grin.gif

Ya know, boilerguy, you really are not that far away!

I hope all goes well. My daughter had some pretty serious medical stuff and it can really rip on a parents frame of mind.

Arn't you in the cottonwood area? I have a good friend that lives there I hang out with from time to time.

We don't raise livestock, but we have plenty of friends that do. There are those that would find it disturbing to see me and a couple of guys shoot ole bessie in the field behind my house, but it's all part of living in farm country I say. That and the smell. I'm not really a pork guy but our freezer has plenty of beef and bambi. Lots of fish if we're lucky, too.

We're 4 miles straight south of town. Hubby is a Cottonwood lifer, while I am an import.

Since we always have pork on hand, that is what we eat 99% of the time. When our girls were little, I fixed a beef roast, and they thought the meat was bad. They have come to enjoy most meats, although a good helping of bbq spare ribs or bbq pork chops are the most requested.

Pulled out about 10 pounds of pork ribs, going to put the rub on tomorrow and break out the Chargriller, get some goals good and hot in the side firebox, then top it with oak chunks. Mmmmmm... The old saying, "I can't wait until summer" is really coming through now! (I guess I can wait.) grin.gif

MJ

one thing you might want to try before you put the steaks on is to season the new grill. to do this tryu cooking a pound or two depending on the size of the grill of bacon. yup bacon. the grease drippings will help to get the season started on the grids. i have both a grill and a bbq. i actually will cook bacon outside on either of them. no mess on the stove and the bacon aint sittin in all that fat cookin on the stove in a pan. ... paul

Favorite pork is ribs but right behind that is a good pork steak! However, I have to go to the meat market for them and not the freezer! Von Hansons has some good ones as well as the meat market here in Hooterville! I have a cousin in southern MN that raises cattle... I am always "going" to call him and get a half a beef but that never seems to work out. He is in the Comfrey area. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

heheheheh ooooops yeah on a hot grill you do need to keep an eye on them little strips of fat. sorry but at l;east it has some seasoning on it now. thw burn smell will burn off in due time. if you do watch the bacon close and keep the temps to the lowest setting. the flavor of grill cooked bacon is great. ... paul

I knew something was up when I saw him hoofin it pretty good across the yard. He noticed the smoke when he was putting tools away in the shop. By the time he got to the grill, he caught one strip before it fell in. All others were ashes. grin.gif He came in and asked me how done I wanted the bacon. But, you were right - no bacon smell in the house! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif