• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a past thread - please help

Hoffer

Hi all...looking for some help here!! I dont know if anyone will remember or know what I am talking about - but here goes! A while back there was a thread here that discussed the fact that sometimes when northerns are released back down a ice-fishing hole they actually plunge head first into the bottom and remain there for awhile recovering. Someone even posted a "movie" I think from an aqua view that actually showed this. I was talking with my brother tonight while out ice-fishing and he thought I was crazy! I am absolutely sure I saw this posted on FM - and it may have been as far back as last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would love to see the video if it is still around....many thanks for any help! Hoffer

I have been looking but no luck yet. The search function is a bit slow and the discussion often drifts from the topic. Those factors make it a little hard to find but I am looking.

I need someone who knows what the heck they are doing, I'm a fisherman not a computer guy. laugh.gif

Jon - thanks for helping. I tried the seacrh button too - but found too many "hits" to weed through...

Let me ask you - since you are a Muskie/Northern Pro....what is your take on the Northerns being released down a fishing hole...do you think that sometimes they do this diving to the the bottom thing...and in the process ruin your fishing for walleyes. I have heard that at LOW during the ice season - the guides tell you not to release the Northerns down the hole because it will ruin the walleye fishing for awhile....and that most guides dont let you use tipups for Pike - because they dont want any in the area - or if one is caught dont want it thrown back down the hole??? Any truth to any of this??

Hoffer,

Someone on the ice fishing forum replied to your post there about this, they found a thread about released pike and their behaviors, but not the video. I looked as well, as work was not eventful today. Too many posts to swim thru though.

B420 seems to have a new toy, see his post on a pike video from earlier today. Can we put him to work for us and see if he can replicate this? grin.gif

Hoffer: I see you're from Maple Grove too. We should do a MG ice outing on one of the local lakes. I'm fairly well versed on the summer bass/ski lakes over here, but no so much on the hard water. I'll trade ya hard water tactics for my open water ones! I do have a couple good pike spots I found from my bass outings.

Chris