• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making a haul

ikeslayer

So i am wondering if anyone made a haul on the ol fishing goodies for christmas. This was one of my first christmases not getting something for hunting or fishing. Didn't mind it a bit just different. But i am sure that some of you got some nice items so let here about it. ike

Got nothing else but fishing stuff - cranks, plastics, jig paint, RAM mount for the boat for the hand-held GPS, cheapo "fishing" watch by Casio, etc. Nothing big but all fun.

Mostly focused on getting colors/sizes/styles not fished locally very much (that I know of) like Zipper Worms for example or stickbaits in Blue/Chartreuse Laminate.

Now I can't wait to get to some soft water.

Wife OK'd a late March/early April trip to Table Rock/Lake of Ozarks/Truman area to fish so the countdown has begun!

Daze Off

Doug -

I've heard that about the rock and thanks for the location tip - never fished the lake before but have done Table Rock several times. Used to fish the backwater below that dam for crappies when we lived down in KC and did not have a boat. They would get pretty thick in there - where I caught my biggest ever - 16.5"! Isn't the dam where it becomes Truman on the other side?

All kinds of deals are to be had on lodging I am finding out. One even gives a free half-day with guide. Would love to get enough guys to have about 3-4 boats - would improve our chances of finding fish and even perhaps allow for a little friendly and informal competition....

Only tough part is you never know what to expect that time of year - 30 degrees or 75 degrees (or both!) But, hey, at least it is fishing in soft water....

In any case I hope I can make it happen - too expensive and not as much fun to do alone.

Daze Off