• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storage for electronics

jphersh22

I've been thinking about getting one of those Rubbermaid storage tubs and figuring out a way to add padding and dividers so I could put my Aqua Vu, Vex, lantern and heater in the container so it's safe for storage. I usually haul the portable in the bed of my truck so it would reduce weight if I could take this tub out when lifting the shack into the truck and keep these items safe. It would also be easily removable in the offseason or anytime I don't want to leave my valuable electronics laying around in the portable. Has anyone else done this or something similar? Anyone have any ideas on the type of padding to get, etc?

I don't worry about padding and dividers. I use the non-skid material they sell for lining tool box drawers - I put down a layer of that to stop things from sliding around, and let my flasher and camera ride right on top of that.

In my 1-man Fish Trap I set my electronics in the sled on top of the non-skid lining. In my Otter Lodge (much larger) I have a large plastic storage tray I put my electronics in, the sides are only a couple inches high so it holds things in place in my sled and makes for easy access. I don't put a lid on it. Non-skid material inside the tray to stop electronics from sliding around, non-skid material under the tray to stop it from sliding around.

This works great for me, been doing it for years. Good luck.