• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-8 or FL-12

Diago

Hi Guys,

I already have an FL-8 and love it. I need a second one for my wife. Should I get her another FL-8 or should I get a FL-12. Is the 12 worth the extra money? I can't imagine the 12 getting better redings than the FL-8.

Thanks for the advise!

Jim

i thought the exact same thing that it couldnt be that much better but i got a fl 12 this year and love it the display is great but i have heard negative things about using them outside when not in a house due 2 the sun and not being able to see the screen but i dont know i love mine id buy the fl 12 for u and pass her down the fl 8 haha

thanks for the reply so far. What about reading the scale outside? I do 95% of my fishing outside a shelter. Maybe I should get the FL-18 which has a recessed scale to block the sun.