• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat clutch weights?

TRDtom69

I have 1996 580 engine that the clucth engauges aroung 4500 rpm. This seems high. I bought the sled used. It is a 1998 panther 2up with a zr 580 motor. I was told the clutch is from the zr580. Even the 4500 rpm engaugment seems high for the zr. I'm not sure if the parts in the clutch are stock or not. I have the stock panther 550 weights and yellow spring. Right now the drive cluch looks to have a orange spring (may have been red, now fadded). As for the weights I can not read any #'s off them. Should I put the yellow spring and weihgts in? or can I get by with just putting in the weights? I would be happy with a 3500-3800 engaugement.

Thanks,

Tom

I have a '97 ZRT 600 the clutch kicks in around 5200.

I think someone might have done a clutch job on yours.

I don't know much about clutching though so I can't say for shure. The ZRTs come setup for high performance from factory. Sorry I can't give much more help.

What is all this white stuff? O' it's snow! Well, I put in a yellow/green spring and 50.5g weights (removed A-1 weinghts and a orange spring). I figure it cant hurt to try. Hope tomorrow I'll get out and ride.

Happy New Year,

Tom