• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow Cover?

My uncle was up a week ago and they were sledding on 6" of snow from Morson east. West of Morson, in the open water area, there's less than favorable riding conditions.

But I would guess the little bit of snow has banked up well in the Nestor area. Also heard reports of up to 20" of ice in that area. Be safe and have fun!

I was just out on LOW in Nestor and there is very little snow on the ice and portages. There currently is around 9-10" of ice where I was. There will places with less than that for ice. It has getting cool at night, so it is making some ice. I have not talked with anyone in the area claiming 20".

I was up on Christmas eve and went for a cruise with my dad out of Morson. We mainly rode in the Sabaskong bay area. There is not much snow out there, a couple inches if that with a little more back in the bays and when you get west of Morson like from Rabbit Pt on west it gets pretty rough and there is alot more bare ice. Riding was okay down in the sabaskong area, I run a 1.25 lug track on my sled and I was on enough snow to keep my hyfax from melting. So hope we get more snow around here. My dad and I took his pickup out on the ice just out of Morson a couple miles and fished for an hour or so. A studded track would be nice right now up there. Be safe and happy new year! Brian

Well, not the snow report I was looking for. We have been planning this weekend for a couple of months. The whole family is headed up with sleds. May have to limit the riding and do a little more fishing.

Considering there is no snow here, trailering the sleds for even a short ride will be well worth it.

MuskieDowg, you going this weekend?

Not going to make it. I might be able to go the weekend after though. So pretty much everyone will be there but me and Matt? That sucks. I hope the snow gods smile on the lake before you go!!! I'm much better at riding sleds than fishing.

Hey, Benellidude! Are you going up to your dads this weekend? We're headed up Thursday night through Monday and I need a fishing partner! Hope to make it west far enough to try some reefs if there is any snow on the ice for the snowmobile, or maybe go east for crappies.

Hope to see you up there!! Call on Chan. 10 if you get close!

WT

man!!! the whole lake is showing up on the new years.

and im stuck working!!!! mad.gif

i also heard there was close to 20" of ice on the lake already. at least in the morson area.

whats the latest ice report???

hey mark why didnt you tell me about this forum sooner???

reading this is almost like being home. smile.gif

just so everyone knows, there is zero ice in the gulf right now. stupid global warming is screwing everything up!!! laugh.gif

Matt, how are you? Sorry I missed you when you were home. Next time.

This forum was supposed to be a secret, then your brother found out. He can't be trusted.

I'll report back after the weekend. I'm hoping I can find someone to do a little fishing with me.

Have a happy holiday.