• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Annoying FL-18 Vibration--HELP!!!

Blainebob

I already know what you Marcum guys are going to say!! The last two outings i get an annoying vibration,I'm guessing its because there is no snow on the ice,thought maybe a piece of foam or something under the battery would cure this?/! Any suggestions?

Quote:

I already know what you Marcum guys are going to say!!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Vibration happens. Give it a whack, tighten up a nut, or change position somehow. If it's really wild, have it checked out, but the occasional buzz is pretty common.

Come on Jim you know it dont matter what base its on. Every Vex I have ever fished with had that noise at times. Like said above move the head, hit it, kick it or just shoot it and put it out of its missery. grin.gif

Seriously dont worry its just a pain to listen to its nothing wrong, unless you cant see your jigs when your supposed to.

Steve

What I was trying to see is if he had a pack set-up with a dual transducer and battery monitor... At times the plastic bolts that hold these boxes on get a bit loose and then the boxes can vibrate and create this noise... Could be the culprit...

And yes, Vex's do hum... But it's such a sweet hum!! smile.gif

I had this problem with my fl-8 on the blue box so took some rubber roof material and glued it to the bottom of the box. I used spray glue but I think rubber cemment would be better. The viberation is dampered out. I also took a piece of the rubber and made a gasket for between the box and the mount and under the battery this worked very well. hope this helps good luck..

elwood