• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leaky Garlic Butter Burgers

Leaky

This incorporates a Steak Butter someone posted on another web site. Tried this last night and it was fabulous.

1- 1 1/2 lb 80% lean ground beef

1/4 cup of finely chopped onion (dry minced would work)

1-2 cloves chopped roasted garlic (see instructions) Chopped garlic or garlic powder would also do.

1/4 Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce

Mix all ingredients and make 4 equal sized burgers. Throw on the grill.

I like to take a big bulb of garlic and roast about once every two weeks. Cut the top of the bulb only enough to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Sprinkle with olive oil and set onto a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350 and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool. The garlic will be soft and squeeze out of the skins very easily.

I keep the rest of the garlic in a tupperware container in the fridge for future use. I use roasted garlic in most everything I cook. It has a milder, sweeter flavor than regular chopped garlic.

Steak Butter

1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter, softened

3/4 tsp. dry mustard

1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/8 tsp. garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves of finely chopped roasted garlic)

I softened the butter in the microwave for about 7 seconds. Whip butter with whisk until creamy. Add mustard, worcestershire sauce and garlic powder (roasted garlic), mix well. The left over butter freezes well for future use. Just roll it up in wax paper then cut only what you need

When the burgers are just about done, put a slab of butter on each and top with your favorite cheese. I simply like Velveeta (not a cheese snob)

While cheese is melting, take hard rolls, slice in half. Butter each side with the steak butter and brown the buns on the grill.