• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LED LIGHTS-----------light your whole house brightly 6 watts!!!

mustangt69

i bought some led lights off of hsolist and i recieved them today. i bought three bulbs shipped for 34.00. they are the mr16 halogen style bulbs, i crushed small spade connectors to fit the terminals. these little things are bright!!!!!!!! they draw 2 watts per bulb and with three in my 8x16 any more would almost be overkill. i wouldnt hesitate to say that its almost as bright as a square halogen work light. i used standard 4" ceiling boxes and bought the round flat plastic cover plates for them and drilled large hole in them and epoxyed the led lights into them... i am very satisfied

go to hsolist and search for 38 led wide white 12v

good luck, one of these lights would be plenty in a portable, i would think 2 watts would run on a vex battery a long time

yes, $35 for all three

huntingislife, arent them lights 110v?

these are 12v bulbs made to replace 12 halogen lights, they put out no heat that i can tell of. Leds really have no heat output. If you look up mr16 bulbs you can see what the connection looks like for these. its just two posts sticking out the bottom of the bulb one positive and one negative. I know if you looked you could find a plug in with leads for a couple bucks but i jsut decided to make my own.. on hsolist you can get either the spotlight style or you can get wide angle bulbs, i went with the wide angle. from the looks of it, the leds are actually made different to disperse the light. My ceilings are 6'10 and there is no uneven lighting on the floor so they disperse the light very well compared to most conventional leds that mainly just spot the light or beam it. If anyone would like pics of the installation i could put them up, i can also put up a pic of the house lit with the three led lights. I figure that each bulb is approximately 12v, .05amp 2 watt