• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Half a buck

This was from this afternoon in our back yard. The deer have slowly started to filter in here, even though there's only four inches of snow on the ground. They were coming and going all afternoon, probably because we're expecting some snow tonght. Well, not much snow.

This guy was one I photographed last year at our feeder, when he was an 8-pointer. Now, 10-pointer, as you can see. Couple more years and he'll have quite a nice rack.

Meanwhile, we just like having deer in the yard.

Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso400, 1/60 at f5.6, handheld

one-horn-buck.jpg

Thanks fm. Tomorrow I'll be looking for sheds. There's another buck coming in that's already shed both his antlers. I've got a fair number of wool clothing items, and I've wanted to slice deer antler buttons using the bandsaw and sander to put on all that wool. Too much time on my hands? I suppose. grin.gif

Gotta love buck photo's! My dog is always chasing them out of our yard in the evening and early morning... blush.gif I'll bet you could get some really nice deer shots in your yard... away from the feeder of course... I wish I had that opportunity.