• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Broadheads?

JHansel7

Picked up me ven. jerky thought I would get on line with my favorite site as I enjoy.

My self I like the Thunderhead 100's. Tried expandables for two years and went back to the trusted head.

I see I am out voted by the muzzy. These are fixed blades I am guessing or am I wrong?

What ever has worked in the past is your favorite I bet? That is how I found my favorite.

Any way I want to wish you all a merry X-mas. Yes, I mean X-mas not the politicaly correct happy holliday or any of that dump.

Live and enjoy your freedom to express yourself. It is not free as I hope we all know.

Good luck to you all and allways remember mother nature know's best. So be smart and be safe.

CC HURL

I will 4th or 5th the Thunderheads. Very reliable and a great product thats been around for a long time. I enjoy the 85 grain product myself. Always a complete pass through on so many deer I have lost count! Lots of other great products out there as well!

I may be wrong, but I think "fixed blade" describes any broadhead that's not mechanical.

I'm a long time Muzzy shooter and have harvested many deer with them. They really are "bad to the bone".

With the purchase of a new bow about a year ago I decided I would try mechanicals. I purchased 3 different brands of mechanicals and one fixed blade brand.

Wasp Jak Hammer SST

Rocky Mountain Xtreme

Rocket Sidewinder

Slick Trick

I harvested 2 deer last fall. One with the Rocket Sidewinder and the other with the Rocky Mountain Extreme. I double lunged both deer and niether went more than 50 yards. I was very impressed with both blades.

I'm still on the fence as to which direction to go from here, but I think the first arrow I knock next year will be a Slick Trick. What really impressed me about the Slick Tricks is they shot just like my field points.

Thunderheads. I've shot them for years and they work great, lots of pass thrus, none have ever broken up, why change? I really like the replaceable blades, my rule is that anytime I miss a shot and they hit the ground, I replace the blades. I want my broadheads razor sharp!