• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brad Johnson boring?

jltimm

I was wondering what all the Brad Johnson haters thought about that "exciting" offense last night and who they wanted to blame that on? I think we owe Brad Johnson a huge thanks for what he did last year, and what he tried to do this year! There is nothing one man can do when the rest of the team is worthless!

Yeah, but that's just how it goes.

The QB usually gets too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when things are going poorly.

Brett Farve has been a great QB for Green Bay, but there was so much butter being spread in the commentary last night I nearly died of a cholesterol-induced heart attack.

I'll eat crow, Brad Johnson may not have been the problem. However, it was nice to see a couple of passes more than 20 yards being attempted.

However, BJ's years as quarterback are done, he is not mobile and has no armstrength left. He might get a job as a backup, but he doesn't have what it takes to start anymore.

Man, the rest of the team sure stinks. This is the worst team that I have ever seen in Minnesota and the most boring to watch. I'm really begining to question Childress. He supposedly is instilling discipline, but the penalties were out of hand last night, and again the play calling was boring.

Dropped passes were bad but how about the penalties!!! cmon this coach is sposed to be a disciplinary my arse. The offesnsive line they should be ashamed. And for those that say brad isnt mobile I sure didnt see jackson eating up any yardage. How many sacks?

I think they should get rid of childress and let the defensive coach have a crack at running the team. At least he gets them to play. ]

But they will probably lose him to some other team just like they lost dungy. Let the good coaches leave and keep the dump.

Sorry, just ranting and talking out my arse.

I think we need a new defensive coordinator for next season. We are so good against the rush cause everyone passes against us.

We have the weakest pass rush I have seen in my entire lifetime of watching the vikes. Tomlins Idea of coverage is leave recievers wide open 15 yards up the middle on every play and just plan on making the tackle after the guy catches it.

anyone ever notice how on a running play the vikes d-line is in the backfield before the ball is even handed off, but on a passing play the qb has too much time to pass?

I disagree on the defense, I think it is great improvement over last year. With one more game then everyone else in the league the Mn D is 8th in yards given up and 10th in points allowed. The offense on the other hand is is 20th in yards gained and 26th in scoring. Give the D some points on the board and we might have won some more games. Even last night they only allowed 3 field goals and scored a td. How can you not be happy with that kind of production. When you get to it. Wins and losses are all that matters. I could care less if they stop the run or the pass, just keep them out of the end zone and give the team a chance to win. Now if someone would tell theh coach that the offense is there to produce points not just show up for a three and out. One other point, Jackson made the comment he could not find his check down receivers, Just what Brad had done all season long. Might Have had a chance last night, now there is no chance at all. Now all I have left to is to listen to Windy and the Bears. O I do so hope they get whacked in the first round of the play-offs blush.gif

Quote:

I think we need a new defensive coordinator for next season.

Umm.. smoke another one you putz. Tomlin has been the only bright spot on this team as far as coaching, and anyone who thinks HE should be going should have their corners at there house padded. (What a (Contact Us Please))

Hmmmm did a little more digging NFL.com

Defense this year 10th in points last year 20th

Defense total yards 8th this year, last year 21st

Offense 26th in scoring this year, 19th last year

Offense is 20th this year, 25th last year. Clearly shows D has made improvements and Offense has continued to go down hill.

Quote:

Hmmmm did a little more digging NFL.com

Defense this year 10th in points last year 20th

Defense total yards 8th this year, last year 21st

Offense 26th in scoring this year, 19th last year

Offense is 20th this year, 25th last year. Clearly shows D has made improvements and Offense has continued to go down hill.

2005 Minnesota Vikings Points per game 19.1

2006 Minnesota Vikings Points per game 17.4 (with the 4th easiest schedual in the NFL)

Quote:

Either way, when the Packers make you go 3 and out on 10 straight drives, there is something definately wrong. Time for Bradley to face the truth and hang it up. Do the Viks a favor.

Errr ahhh Brad did not play...

Quote:

Drew Brees would looked really nice in purple

Yes he would have but even when Drew's receivers got hurt he did not do much with out any receivers, Same with Brady with no receivers to throw to his numbers are way down. Lots of things to fix, how did it get so bad so quick? Wiggins was touted as a pro bowler this year, lucky if he saw the ball twice a game. Only really good thing the Vikes have done is played on Thursday so they won't ruin Christmas eve dinner!