• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ND Slam Iceleaders Get Together??? Date Changed Jan 21st LOOK NOW NEW INFO.

M_M, I have not had much luck in firming up my plans. I still think I'll be able to make it, but I'm still not 100% for sure. I'm pretty good about getting out when I really want to, so I'm a pretty good bet to be there.

I am still not sure if I will be able to make it. I am out of town this week so it will depend on how many honey-do's I will be able to get done on Saturday. I will know more by the end of the week, but I am hoping to make it.

I'm heading out before sun-up Saturday morning from Hawley. I'm going to make a stop at a trout pond on the way. Since there's virtually no snow this year I'm going to just bring my maroon Suzuki Vitara instead of the truck and wheeler. Should get to the Res in the afternoon some time then back out (unless I stay out) before sun-up Sunday morning.

c-yall there!

There is a decent amount of snow on the lake but you can get around where you want. My diesel will hit the ice tomorrow for the first time this winter. 16" of ice tonight. People have been driving for the last 3 weeks but I was not ready for to take mine out till I saw 15" and the last time I was out there was 13 so I guess it has been cold the last week grin.gif. Fishing has been better but I will say there were alot of people out there tonight to so I just might not have been in the right spot. Two more nights two more spots I want to try. All of them are up in the Smokey's landing area. Fishing has been really good though I am sure we will get a few fish.

We are to the weekend. Who's coming? I would like to meat some of you that I haven't met yet. We will be fishing the smokey's landing area. Look for my truck Gray Chevy crew cab it has Hot Spot Outdoor and Fishing MN decals on the topper. I will likely be 1/2 to 1 miles south of the access either in the middle or on the east side of the reservior.

Yep, it was fun. Woulda been fun to talk a little more than we did, but it was fun regardless. Thanks to you fellas, Rick, and the sponsors for the goodies- that was a nice surprise. It was fun to see the bobbers poppin' a little bit. We saw a lot of fish, but had a tough time getting many very interested.

Forgot to ask this last night- did you guys see quite a few fish suspended later in the evening? We saw about a dozen or so at least 4 feet up, but never got any to go. Crappies???

M_M, I'll be waiting to hear what your dad has to say about the boat. It'd really be nice to hear of a likely solution so that I could quit pi$$ing and moaning about it! Like Jason said, if all else fails I'm fully capable of supplying all the beer it'll take to get it fixed sometime this coming Spring/Summer.

Thanks for the outing fellas. It was fun!!!

Scoot -

We didn't see much for suspended fish... iffwalleyes had a quick school of something move in and clog up his display, but it was almost like they were plankton or something tiny...

I'll let you know what I can find out about your boat...

marine_man

It would have been nice to make it out and meet a few of you but I didn't get done with the honeydo's done until about 1 on Sunday and thought about making the drive, but decided not to. It is good to hear there were some fish caught. Maybe there could be a late season get together out there also.

At this point and time I don't think we will have another get together this year. There just doesn't seem to be enough interest. I mean when we post there always seem to be interest but then hardly anyone shows up. There were 4 of us out there. I am glad Scoot and his friend were there otherwise there would have been anyone but Marine_Man and I and he and I fish together enough that we don't need a get to gether.

Good to hear you all had some luck. If it was another weekend, I would have joined you boys again. I would be interested in a later get together and if it worked in my schedule, I would definitely be there. I got blanked at the Jaycee's extravaganza in Brainerd. It was unbelievable... 14,000+ people on 250 acres of holes in the ice! Not sure I will go back next year (it was a bit nippy sitting on the bare ice... beer started freezing and I drink fast), but if you have never fished it, I highly recommend it.

Sorry about the no show guys. I really don't have an excuse. Ended up moving my fish house to a different lake, and fished out there all weekend. I would however like to make it out there before the ice is gone maybe in the next couple of weeks.

One more thing. iffwalleye and marine do you guys hit the res. every weekend. Just wondering if I do make it out that way if you guys would mind if I get in touch with you for a little advice, and again I do appologize for not making it.

It was my first time ever fishing on the Jamestown Res. Thanks again Scoot for letting me tag along!!

It was a good time and as was stated, I wish we had more opportunity to talk.

Maybe a late ice get together where a guy wouldn't need a shack would be fun. I know how it is getting people to show up though.

Have a great remaining hard water season.

Brett Waldera

Quote:

I know how it is getting people to show up though.

I know the reason I didn't show up Sunday was because the walleyes at Jamestown (as well as other lakes) are a sundown bite. I'd been fishing all weekend and driving back 120 miles, especially with fish to clean when I get back, just didn't sound to good when I have to go to work on Monday. Maybe if it was a Saturday it would work out better. confused.gif

My point exactly not everyone can ever get together on one day. We had orginally talked about Sat. and then I asked about switching to sunday no one ever said it was a problem. So we move it to sun and now I hear Sunday doesn't work. Also I am all for another get together but it is up to someone else putting it together for this one. You can pick what ever lake you want and I will try to be there. My point is if you guys really wanted to do it or be there you could make it work. It is not like you didn't have plenty of notice.

Well, I really did want to be there but there were other things around the house that needed to get done. Sometimes you have to put other things ahead of going out and having a good time fishing. Maybe next time you could come over and put in my tub and tub surround and I could go fishing grin.gif.

IFF,

I wouldn't take the low attendance personally. There are lots of these gatherings and nearly all of them end up with far fewer people than the number who express interest. Everyone's got lots going on- they're legitimately interested in fishiing, but it's tough to get all the permissions many need to get out at a specific place and time. Add on top of that the fact that the gathering was well West of where most readers are coming from and it compounds the issue of attendance.

You guys did all you could to pick a time that worked for people- so don't sweat it at all. As far as another outing, I'd have to agree with IFF. With the relatively poor attendance, I'd say if people want to get together to fish, they would be well served to e-mail each other and set a place and time on their own. This will be a lot less work for Jason and Rob, who get the all the work of putting the outing together and very little in return.

For the record, I had a good time and am glad you organized outing. It's always fun to meet up with some FM fellers! I hope the poor attendance this year won't keep you from organizing another event next year.