• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-Vu Vertical Pixel Graph

Warrior56215

I have one.. And can not wait to get it on the ice. What is nice is it has ajustable zoom, 1000 wats of power, and a display that is easy to read. For a cheeper price.

All flashers will help you catch more fish. I'm going to be honest.. I am a ice fishing junkie, and an ice fishing depthfinder junkie. I own a VPG, a Marcum LX-5 an LX-3, and FL-18...The FL-18 has not seen the ice in over a year. Not that it is a bad unit, its a graet unit, just i nmy opinion not as nice as what I already own. If I can only bring one unit with me.. it will be the LX-5... My wife, is in love with the VPG, for her the display is everything. To her this is the most simple to use, and simplisity is everything. So, I now own a LX-5 and LX-3 an FL-18... and the wife owns a VPG....I WILL borrow it more than a few times to test it out, as I too feel the display seems more than adaquate. And the price is top notch!

I bought the VPG also and am waiting for it to arrive. I saw teh Nature Vision DVD and I thought it was cool. Plus it was cheaper than a Vex or the Lowrance X67C. I was going to get the X67C but had worries about the LCD Screen slowing down in the cold. The VPG has a screen heater to keep it running full speed. If you do a search on hsolist for zercom and finder, there is a used one listed for about $10.

the x67 uses a TFT screen I believe... it's not affected by the cold... at least not until you need to worry about it 1st. My brother uses one and it has never had a problem with the cold.

I was thinking of picking up a VPG for my 9 year old and for my wife also. It's hard to get them to understand the in's and outs of a conventional flasher... they should be able to follow along with what's going on beneath the ice when presented in a display that matches the water column.

Good Luck!

Ken

Quote:

I was going to get the X67C but had worries about the LCD Screen slowing down in the cold.

It's not LCD. It's TFT and it doesn't slow down at all in the cold.

I'll be interested to see how that LCD screen heater on th VPG affects battery life.