• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake of the Woods-Where to Find Slab Crappies, Walleyes, Bass, Perch, Pike and Tullibees

Hotspotter

Download the video and watch. ↓↓↓

NW Angle Walleyes with Matt Johnson and Rick Paquin

Are you looking for a consistent walleye bite? Then you should check out this Hot Spot Outdoors Fishing Show.

Dave and Ron from Flag Island Resort take Matt Johnson and Rick Paquin out on the lake in search of the Minnesota’s elusive state fish. Enjoy!!

Hot Spot Outdoors presents

NW Angle Walleyes with Matt Johnson and Rick Paquin - CLICK HERE

by Kurt Paulsen

with Special Thanks to:

Flag Island Resort

Please, let us know what you think of this Hot Spot Outdoors Fishing Show right here?

Thank YOU for your participation.

Your comments below are very much appreciated. ?

Matt: Thanks for showing off your techniques and various baits in detail! I've got to admit, I never understood the term 'deadstick' until watching that one. So many times, fishing videos are all about "there's another one"... "there's another one"... HSO produces some excellent and informative footage.

32 degrees right now in Perham. MAKE SOME ICE, EH.

Yep, the coffee can was for our minnows. We took the sleds a long distance onto the lake, so we needed to keep things compact and secure. We used dead minnows too, so it was easier to store them smile.gif

If you ever get the chance to head up to Flag Island I highly recommend it. The scenery is outstanding and the fishing is incredible! The people at Flag Island Resort do an excellent job as well. Very comfortable and they make you feel right at home.

I'm definitely itching to find time to make it back up there.

Quote:

Yep, the coffee can was for our minnows. We took the sleds a long distance onto the lake, so we needed to keep things compact and secure. We used dead minnows too, so it was easier to store them
smile.gif

...and the caffeine keeps 'em lively!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Wait till we get the Crappie Show and then the multi-specie show out there for you to see.

Yeah, the NW Angle out of Flag Island Resort was one of the best places I have ever been to for fishing.

If I were you I'd give it a try this winter.

It brought me back to my days pre-kids being able to go out ice fishing every weekend whether it was Red, LOW, or any other lake this state has to offer!  My friends and I would be on ice in the winter.  Now I haven't even stepped on a lake yet this year let alone been able to get away for an evening to ice fish!  Boys are now 7 and 11 and both into basketball.  Traded the ice for basketball gyms.  Someday  I will get back into ice fishing...hopefully!  good ol days

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
24 minutes ago, ozzie said:

It brought me back to my days pre-kids being able to go out ice fishing every weekend whether it was Red, LOW, or any other lake this state has to offer!  My friends and I would be on ice in the winter.  Now I haven't even stepped on a lake yet this year let alone been able to get away for an evening to ice fish!  Boys are now 7 and 11 and both into basketball.  Traded the ice for basketball gyms.  Someday  I will get back into ice fishing...hopefully!  good ol days

I understand fully. I went through the same with my girls who would fish but weren't as fond of it as I was.

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I understand fully. I went through the same with my girls who would fish but weren't as fond of it as I was.

Dealing with this now. Been trying to get my daughters into ice fishing before sports and activities take over their life, but I spend 99% more time thinking about ice fishing than actually being able to do it. And the one time I did get my girls out this winter we didn't catch anything, so that didn't help. Was hoping to get them up the family cabin this winter so we could fish out of my dad's ice castle - but we haven't gotten up there yet this winter and he hasn't put it out and probably won't at this point. Even considering spending way too much money for a 4 hour ice castle rental on Lake Minnetonka just so they could see why ice fishing is fun!

Edited by Getanet