• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

&%^$*&^ Poachers

I was in Wisc over the weekend doing a little bow hunting but mainly setting up some stands for upcoming Shotgun season. My Father in-law owns 14 abandon farm houses in the Washington County area and the majority of the land is still farmed. I went back to this on part of the farm where I usually see some really nice bucks, and low and behold there was a monster just standing on this oak ridge. It was a BIG 10 with mass and height. I watched it with my binocs for a couple of minutes then I decided to run and grab my video camera. It was about a 5 minute drive back to the main farm where my equipment was. I was gone no more than 15 minutes and I didn’t see the buck thinking it just walked away. I drove through a tote road and I saw something from the corner of my eye and right away I knew it was a dead deer. I walked up to it I heard a truck exiting the road on the other side. There it was dead with the head cut off. This honestly happened in a time frame of 20 minutes. I called the CO and gave them the description of the truck and all I know it was a later model white Ford. It looks like the head was cut off with a chain saw. The CO's said they are going to contact all of the taxidermist in the area. I bet that deer went 250lbs... Disheartening knowing that buck had to be poached. Oh yeah it looks like it was shot with a rifle also.

WOW, thats too bad. I hope that the CO's can get a good lead on this case and take those guys down. Them are the guys that ruin it for everyone, no respect for anyone but themselves. can't believe that!

i work with a guy that lives up in the siren area and two gentelman not of the american nationality gun hunting on privite land, when the guy i work withs neighbor yelled at them the let go two shots at him. they called the dnr, when they went out there they found 2 riffle shells in the ground, the worse thing is that if they would have shot him they would have said they were threatened or no speak english