• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

**Pheasant Opener Coming Soon***

I know... It has been a long week at work thinking about the Iowa opener. I can't wait for that first bird to come up and fall back down!!!! We have 6 or 7 guys going down this year and a ton of land lined up to hunt... It should be a good one!!!

i will be thinking of you lucky hunters while i sit 2000 miles away in california's central valley. "10 years ago there were phesants all over." that is what everybody tells me. i've been here almost 5 years and have seen 2 live roosters and one road kill rooster. i haven't bothered to buy a lisence yet.

i am from forest city(north central ia), but i hit all the public land around ames during my unsucessfull stint as an ISU student.

good luck.

Well don't hit the private big chunks of land till later in the year when there are not as many people hunting anymore. Got 2 more today and found one this morning that we shot last night that must have died from its wounds.

Most came off our familiys land though. When I was in high school my best friend and I were basicly professional road hunters and know all the best ditches for 3 counties so that kinda helps.

I am just waiting for that first snow, then its down to business. smirk.gif