• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

remember guys, the brule is now closed upstream from Hwy 2 for the season, and unfortunetly it makes it a little tougher to find good numbers of browns. steelhead should be going good any day now and there are quite a few coho spread out through out the river.

I have been there the past four weekends, so I have a pretty good idea of what is going on there. Having said that I can safely say that there are fish in the river, but because the water is so low and clear if will involve some work to find them. This past weekend was the most productive of the 4 so far. All fish caught were very, very bright, and fresh. Somewhat on the smaller side, with one that was much above legal. I also found a lot of people as well, more then I’ve seen before. I’m guessing that now that the Sportsmen’s Club fishing reports is gone, that people are actually going there to find out what is going on instead of relying on the internet for information.

While yes there are fish in the system I would hazard a guess and say that “the run” hasn’t really begun yet, and it will take a significant rain event to give them a push. As I said, the water is very low and clear and I found I could wade in places I’ve never waded before, which is good in the sense that you can get to spots that hold fish, and I found them in some unlikely places.

It is tough fishing, so be prepared.

the steelhead run had already peaked by this time last year accourding to the DNR. there are fish in the river but fishing has been tough with all the clear sunny days we've had with the majority of the fish laying on the bottom of the deep stretches not feeding much. went out a couple times this past week and spotted a few fish but got skunked both times. tongue.gif