• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wabigoon Report

Just wanted to post I got back over the weekend from a week stay at Wabigoon Lake, my first time ever there for an extended period...Maybe someone else can use this info...

Lake Conditions...VERY low water, down over 2', really impacted the fishing in my opinion. Fishing the shallows was extremely difficult

Walleyes...the only consistent bite, very easy to find on common reefs, points, and islands,size was hard to come by, largest fish 24"

Pike...AWFUL. Very few found in the shallows, they weren't on the reefs either. Majority of the fish came in mixed in while jig n minnow fishing for walleyes. I was hear in June 1 day and had Great pike fishing, very disapointing.

Muskies...Never Had been skunked going up North on a trip, ever( unless going to Vermilion). Well, not only did I not catch one, but never even got a follow all week frown.gif Very disapointing again

All In all a disapointing trip, all people there who have been going for years said it was some of the worst fishing they had ever seen out there. I don't know, but when you aren't catching a lot of fish all of a sudden the mUrky water and proximity to town become a problem to you real quick. I will Not be going back there.....

Musky,

Sorry to hear about the rough trip. We were up there about the same time of year (maybe right before labor day) a couple of years ago and really struggled also. The fish we did catch were some of the fattest fish I have ever seen but the fishing was the slowest I have ever experienced north of the border.

I really enjoyed the the resort and the owners did everything possible to make our stay pleasant but we will not be going back to Wabigoon either.