• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night Fishing/Swimming on the Brule

I've fished the Brule a couple years now for steelies, but never browns. From what people are saying they tend to fish between stones and winni, correct? I've only hiked the river starting from these landings. Are there any trails leading to the middle of this section from the highway? If needed, my email is [email protected]. I'd greatly appreciate any info for accessing this area or others on foot(legally of course). Thanks

Got on this piece of water for the first time last week. My buddy had some work to do in Duluth and was gonna stay at the Brule campground for a few nights. After reading a few of these posts, me and another buddy decided to join him for a day. Fished around the campground and got a few including a nice 15" brown. Scouted around and fished a stretch down from 2 and had some great action. My buddy moved a 20" or so fish then landed a nice 18" after a great fight. Then, soon after I flashed a 18-20", I hooked and landed a sweet 28 incher. Caught a couple more 12 inchers, Then moved down stream and broke off on another monster.

I fish SE MN every spring and then hang up the trout gear. I'm not used to the jungle-walking. In the spring you can cover a couple of miles of stream -- run-n-gun. This trip we fished probably a 1/4 mile of stream -- enough to lay down the muskie rod and come back for a few days late summer again.

BTW, I used a minnow-type lure, and all the fish, including the 28 incher are still in the water. Thanks for all the info!

rascal

With help from locals and some exploration I did manage to find some good water last week. Had 4 strikes on top water baits and managed to land one nice brown (29" and well after the moon set). Thanks for the help from the forum for basically the only entry point up there confused.gif??????

QS,

Yeah, we got all our fish in the day. Campground - morning. Below 2 - afternoon. Overcast and kind of muggy, but no rain. We were'nt able to do the night thing cause my buddy had to be back by morn, but we did find a dandy night spot upstream wink.gif. Maybe next time.

rascal