• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow bird planer boards...

BFD

If they still have them dorkie white wrap around releases on them i would take them off and put on a gator type release. They work well in calmer water but if you get into rougher water the off shore and church boards work better.

I like to run off-shore boards with taddle flags, lets you know when a smaller fish hits or when you get hung up in weeds. You can get by without the flags but it's nice not always asking your buddy, "is there a fish on that board?" especially in rougher water. Yellow birds will work fine but I would change the releases to a pinch pad style like outdoor ran said.

The yellowbirds I got from cabelas have (1) adjustable pinch style release (red devil release) per board. I hope these are okay. They are not the white ones shown in the bass pro ad.

Yellowbirds are ok for sticks and cranks but dont do weel in waves or when adding snap weights etc. to them. Since you have them keep them and run them when calm and no added weight is needed. If you plan on trolling in bigger waves and adding some weight to get baits deeper do as mentioned above, go get offshores and tattle flags or make your own as we have been doing. Much cheaper and just as good.