• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VHF in Canada

I will be going to Lac Seul Canada for the first time in a week and was wondering if I can use my VHF radio there without any special permit/license on a 17' fishing boat, and if so where could I find information on the channel usage rules there or what are some commonly used channels? Any other info/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hans, Robert here. I work with your son Carl. I have been going to Lac Suel for over 10 years now and have never heard of any issues using your VHF radio. However, I am personal friends with the Chief of Police for all of Lac Suel and the Reservation there and he would be able to give you the straight scoop. Email Carl and he can give you my email address so we can exchange info.

I will be heading up to stay at his place on the lake in August. Can't wait!

We use our VHF's all the time when at Lacsuel. A guy in our party said chanel 73 was a open use chanel in Canada so that is the one we use. We have been checked by the MNr several times and our attena was up and they said nothing about the radios. I think he said there was a chanel listing in his manual with approved uses.

Mwal