• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Lake!!

Only Ice....I know Cliff Lake fairly well. IT can be a very challenging lake to fish for the area. Here's what I can tell you....

Walleye fishing is very tough. We barely caught any while targeting them on purpose, a few incidental catches. There is some descent bass action nears rocks and bullrush. They don't advertise Pike but there actually are some good sized fish in there, Big Silver minnowbaits on the windblown deeper shorelines. Musky fishing can be difficult but has its moments. Fish the outsides of the bullrush. A Mepps#5 Gold Bladed brown fur Agglia is a lure I would not leave without.

When you are on Cliff you have access to 3 other lakes via a creek Channel. Mystery, Evening, Twilight.....Mystery is a waste of time, Evening has good Pike, Walleye And musky. To this day me and a buddy set an all time record for amount of Muskies boated in one day, this was done on Twilight. SMaller sized bucktails and topwater are the ticket. These lakes can be difficult to access because of the creek system/beaver (Contact Us Please) you have to go through but are well worth it and you will find much easier fishing then on Cliff

Hope that helps

Brian

Quick question to make sure we are talking about the same cliff lake.. You do mean the Cliff lake that is about 20 minutes North of Vermillion Bay on the Road to Red lake, is that correct? If so, I can help you out with some info as well...

We've fished it a couple times, Lake trout can be good on Cliff, although not many big fish (over 10 pounds.) Bring downriggers or jig for them....

Skip the walleyes. waste of time....

Musky guys say it can be good...