• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Cenaiko Thread

Zenit

Yea should be fun I have only been there once in the winter... I will be in the Jason Mitchell Thermal 5000 Ill have a small camo jet sled next to it too. stop by and say hi... Ill be with another guy who looks to be 8 foot tall so it would be hard to miss me... where are you planing on setting up? I was thinking like 6fow on the ne side of the lake.

Nope snow never hurt anyone. Zach I think I will be somewhere on the south end of the lake.
Good luck my other coice is just north of the dock of just south of the dock if i get there early enough to park at that close parking lot

Well the gate was across the road so I could not get to the south end. My brother and I fished the north end in 10 of water. We caught 3 and missed 6 or 7. I was out fished by my little brother 2 to 1. Biggest trout was 14 inches the other were 13. The ranger said they only put 1500 trout in and that we had the most trout he had see so far that morning. Let us know how you did down there. Good Luck full-12169-41601-trout.jpg

How did everyone do? Everyone I talked to said it was slower than usual.. Our house was set up right on a 15 foot break had holes drilled at 15 10 7 and 5

started out in the 5 foot hole nothing for awhile so I jumped to the 15 foot in the house and was jigging 10 inches below the ice when I saw the hole go dark gave a little jig and the 16 1/2 trout turned around and hit my impulse bro bug white jig tipped with a wax worm got it out of the hole and back to jigging. Jumped around from each hole with no such luck decided to go back to the house and just stay warm. Saw 1 more nice one and 2 smaller ones cruise by but no takers.

full-43444-41599-trout.jpg

full-43444-41600-ha.jpg

Nice fish Zach. We seen 2 big ones just under the ice but they did not turn around for us.
Good fish you got too they will taste good ... Yea my co worker I was with saw one too and i told him to jig a little better laugh He was giving me grief when we went to Red and he out fished me so I had to give it back all day today.

Who else saw that snowman in the middle of the lake when the sun came up haha I was joking all day that it was the dnr hiding.

Another fun trout opener, had to work but got enough for a meal. Set up in 30 FOW towards the middle of the lake and waited for the pressure around the edges push 'em our direction! Since it was a little slower maybe there will be more left to catch the rest of this season..??

Another fun trout opener, had to work but got enough for a meal. Set up in 30 FOW towards the middle of the lake and waited for the pressure around the edges push 'em our direction! Since it was a little slower maybe there will be more left to catch the rest of this season..??
Who knows I will be traveling up north for the rest of the season though.

I'm pretty new to the whole trout fishing thing, but I live in the cities and I thought I'd give it a try in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has given GULP minnows a try? I know the wonders they have worked on walleyes and smallies, and thought they might be good for trout seeing as how you can't use live minnows on this lake.

I'm pretty new to the whole trout fishing thing, but I live in the cities and I thought I'd give it a try in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has given GULP minnows a try? I know the wonders they have worked on walleyes and smallies, and thought they might be good for trout seeing as how you can't use live minnows on this lake.

I have seen or tried everything there.

I have caught, crappie, sunfish, carp, bullhead and small mouth bass on that lake. Yet to land a trout.