• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Cenaiko Thread

Zenit

Well it turns out when I said the park opened at 9 I was talking about the half on side of the river that Cenaiko isn't on. It actually opens at 10 on Fridays on the side with Cenaiko. I was going to call to see if they will be opening the gates early and if so, how early but it looks like the Visitor's Center is closed Monday-Thursday. Unless somebody is able to tell me otherwise I guess I'll need to just show up at 6 if not earlier and wait for the gates to open.

As I sit at the laptop, I can see from my window,a steady stream of headlights of the cars heading to the lake (my house overlooks the dam and river area), wish I could be down there, but some of us, cannot get the day off! Would love to see, any pictures of your time on the water! Tight Lines!

JB,

It's a put and take lake, so the best fishing is that very first morning right at the start. It gets pounded really good opening morning and then both the catch rate and the fishing pressure taper off dramatically. During the week it is usually not that busy, although it's hard to tell what Monday will be like seeing that some people have the day off (MLK Day).

645 to 1030 AM today. Marked several fish in 30' water. No takers. Out of 30+ people on the lake during this period one person managed a 5" crappie. I guess I will be one of the other 500 people who arrives opening morning next year.

Was my 1st time ever out there today, 9:30 to 2:00. Only caught 1 little sunfish frown There was about 30 people out there when I got there, but by afternoon I was 1 of only about 5 people. I fished both sides of the lake from 4 to 30 ft and all I could find was a pod of tight lipped sunnies in 1 hole, and what I do believe was a trout half way down in the middle of the lake.

I realize this lake gets pounded the first weekend, but does it get fished out? Or will it just take a few days for the trout to snap out of their shell shock from all the noise and activity on opening weekend? Maybe next year I'll wait a few more days into the season.