• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes!!!

Can you say "Bechtold's Guide Service"? My word, Corey - do you ever sleep? laugh.gif Seems like you must be out a couple nights a week?! I think I'm gonna have to sneak over to your house and follow you to your magic spots sometime. grin.gif Great collection of pics and some beautiful fish. Keep 'em coming!

A comment on coloring: my experience has always been that the BWCA area 'eyes are all black/gold and never green like the central/southern MN 'eyes can be? Makes me wonder about the effects of water quality or compounds present in the water as well?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Cole(5) and Brooke(8) out for a little Walleye fishing. I outfitted the kids with Line Counter reels, Trolling rods, Fireline and Berkley Frenzy Deep Divers. We started trolling a break and found a small area that flattened out in 16' of water. I was making a slow "S" turn when I noticed Brooke's rod start bending back. She then said "Daddy, my rod is all shaky!". I told her to start reeling and that she had a fish on. She started reeling away and I noticed that she wasn't making too much ground on the fish. I checked her drag and it seemed fine so I let her continue knowing that it might be a good fish. After a few moments I noticed the fish was finally getting closer to the boat. Cole was in the back lookiing for the fish when he says "Brookie, you have a Walleye!". Sure enough, it was a Walleye and after the fish made a few runs under the boat Brooke managed to pull the fish to the net. I was mega-excited for Brooke and she soon realized how big her fish was. Cole showed Brooke how to hold the big Walleye but she was a little hesitant to do it that way so I let her cradle the fish while I snapped a few photo's before the release.

We didn't catch any more fish this night but it doesn't matter, we all have a memory that will last a lifetime.

octoberfishpictures034by5.jpg

Brooke's 27" Walleye!!!

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

p.s.

I do sleep, just a bit less in the Fall. grin.gif

Corey, Tell Brooke that I am way jeleous! What an awesome fish that young lady caught! The look on her face, in her eyes especially, is priceless! I am thinking that you might have her hooked! Take care and N Joy the time with the Kids././Jimbo