• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up this mediocre 22" on Saturday. Biggest 'eye of the season, so far. Started the year with a 14", then a 16", then 17" and now a 22" (missed a 24-25" same day as this one). As long as the size keeps progressing, I should have that 30"er on here in short order....right??? tongue.gif

p60303561ly.jpg

The males on this lake have been real healthy, but this girl was pretty slim. Next couple of weeks should be real good on this lake....especially now that I don't have a boat to fish from! crazy.giffrown.gif

That is just another flooded SoDak lake. They're really fun to fish, but at the same time it's really sad to be fishing where someone once lived. There are grim reminders everywhere you look. In fact, there used to be a pole barn where the photo was taken. Two years ago my brother took the boat through the doors and caught a 5lb eye inside the barn!! When the water is clear, you can look down and see old farm machinery (we almost hit what looked to be an underwater manure spreader that day).

Like I said though, fun for us! But it has to be tough for the people that had to pick up and move 20 years ago.

I went to SDSU; a buddy of mine (now lives in Madison) and I fished Bitter Lake once and if I remember correctly, saw similar situations where roads, barns, etc were flooded. There sure was a lot of water created in the early 90's when I was there, but it may have started even before then.

Ahh...that's it! You know him then. You can tell him Eric from Gaylord says hi. He and I fished and hunted quite a bit during college. We used to fish at least once a year together after graduating from college, but family responsibilities have canceled those plans these past couple years. He's a good guy and one of these years I'll have to get back out there and teach him how to fish again! shocked.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

Tell him to "get on the ball" too and become a member of this site. He could use a little help. blush.gifgrin.gif

A South Dakota limit!!! Biggest was 20" and the smallest 17", nice eaters!!!

[note from admin: please see rule about dead fish pics]

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!