• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha 4-stroke "Carburated Versions "opinions..

Chad Halvorson

i have a 2002 F60 on my alumacraft and it runs great. It is cold blooded and starts hard sometimes but sqeezing the fuel bulb up and turning the key on and pumping the throttle a couple times really does help it start good. i run sea foam in every tank of gas too.

I have never ran any addatives, but in the summer I use it pretty much daily so I dont think it has a chance to gum up! I use stabalizer in the winter.

As far as letting it warm up, well it starts "flooded", I have to put it in neutral and give it high rpms to clear it out, and it qwill do this after sitting on the water for a few minutes.

Just frustrated, I wish it was the efi version sounds like they are great. Oh well only 7 more years!

I had a 2000 Mercury 50hp 4 stroke which I think are similar motors??. I had nothing but issues with the carb system. In the shop all the time. Was told it was bad gas each time and had to have the carbs cleaned. Added stablizer merc gas treatment and every year the same issues. Trade it in 2003 for a merc 50hp efi, Fuel injected. I have to say what a difference. Starts up first turn every time NO ISSUES. If it was me I would make the switch to an EFI an never look back. After 2 ruined vacations and $800 in shop bills I know I will never look back. The EFI over the Carbed model is to me a no brainer.

We, (Mrs gadget and I) got a 2003 Lund Pro v 1900IFS with a 200hp Yammie 4 stroke EFI last summer and we love it! Runs like a dream, quiet as all get out. just got a new SS prop and haven't run that yet but with the alum one it tops at 52mph. Kicks out of the hole better than I expected too. Also have a T8 4stroke (carb) It can be a bit cold blooded, but not bad.

I too never run without Seafoam. After talking to a friend that owns a gas station, he says even with the "supply/demand" issues, there is bad (old) gas out there. plus, with a 45 gallon tank, I don't get out enough to keep it fresh. So far, so good!

Gadget