• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water Reports - 2006

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim it won't be long and I'll be scouting soon for the night eyes... How was the salmon fishing? Got back late last night from a weekend of debauchery grin.gif Had a good time in Cleveland even though we loss. frown.gif Gimme a jingle sometime..

Had a nice three day weekend here. Took friday off an dad and I went down our cabin. Friday morning we fished till noon and picked up 23 eyes, mostly 16-17 inchers with two just over 18. The rest of the day was spent at the cabin with the guys talk'n and consuming beverage and food. Sat 4 of us golfed early then began the cunsumption. sunday on the way home we fished a bit and picked up 5 eyes...

Heres a pict of dad on the river friday morning...

dsc00502fv7.jpg

Salmon fishing stunk the river was really low. Saw 4 fish all morning, so i jetted over to Oswego and did some consuming over there sat night smile.gif. Anways I guess the river is screwed up this year they had dam repairs going on all summer so the Res is really low. so theres no water to pump into the river.

Jeez that does stink does that pretty much mean the fall run will be slow to nil this year? confused.gif Tim email me when you get a chance [email protected] grin.gif

Hey guys got a pic of us at the Saints/Browns game, we made the front page that's me on the left my son Tyler, Father Bud and brother Matt. We didn't win but had a great time. The rest of the guys in front and behind us our part of our CNY Browns Backers Club in Utica/Marcy, NY.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/backers/

FishKing - Sounds like you were a day or two early on the river. Reports from yeaterday real low on the river were awesome, tons of cohoes. We are looking at a trip up there on monday depending on reports. Getting treestands trimmed out now...

Timmy - The salmon will run the river come hell, high water, or low water. They have no choice, if they are in the lake they will eventually be in the river. I actually really like years with low water. The fish stack up then will move by the thousands instead of just a trickle of fish each day...

Timbo . . .great picture . . .have it framed and pass out as Christmas presents! Got a third on Onondaga; would have had second but had one dead fish that my partner caught the gills on. At least I got some gas money and paid for the entry fee! Heard that the weeds on Oneida are laying down . . .hmmm and this was from a report done at night.

Franky - Finally got a chance to do a little recon on the shores of Oneida last night. alittle wind would have helped on the crank bait front so I decided to hit the bridge with some new plastics and they were there. The largest was this 19" but I did finish with a home run and added 2 rbi's wink.gif1000181ij9.jpg

Most ofour areas our weedy there are shad in Oneida Creek as well the walleyes were there but not receptive and I tried everything there before I left. Our wading areas are still thick with weeds but are thinning slightly. Tuzzy got out yesterday I'll found out how he did in the boat. Catch ya later...

Met up with Don to do some more scouting on the big O. Largest walleye I caught was the 21" pictured but the majority of the fish are in the 15.5" to 18" range, total 5 between the two of us but Don lost his last one to fill his limit right as he was reaching down for it. Winds were out of the southwest up to 20 mph at times. The bar is still full of weeds and Schneibles was murky. 1000192df8.jpg

Timbo . . .just checkin in . . . was hosting a conference until today. Good job . . . thought it was about time. My boys in the club got a raw deal at Pier 31 about eating lunch and not having to pay for launch . . . were charged launch fee anyway. Have to go over there and see what was up . . . however only 6 of the 20 bought lunch so may be a matter of economics. I was golfing end of year event . . . so of course, guess who got blamed. Always easy to stick it to the guy who is not there who passed on the arrangments. I smell chickin' wings!!!

Caught one keeper 16" lost two keepers trying to land em. Got broken off by a slammer and had more than a few short hits. Gotta run to Gander and check out some buckeye looking plugs, black and silver was more productive than the blue/silver last night. Larry had one keeper. Original blue thunderstick jr. was what they were hitting earlier. Creeks were loaded with buckeyes...

Timmy - I know of only one person who breaks off more fish than you and he lives in the mid-west!!!

All packed and ready to leave early am for canada again. 5 of us going this trip. Need to pack for 30 and 70 degree weather...

Been getting stands ready around here. Only 3 weeks till archery....

Thanks for the confidence boost there brother, I appreciate that tongue.gif Going Saturday night with Tuzzy and will try to hook up with North Shore while were out there. Got back from Gander $70 light on cranks, can't have enough right confused.gif Naturally there out of rubber nets and I refuse to use nylon.

Good luck up and Canada and you guys come back safely, looking forward to your report when you return.

Hi everyone!!

We just got back from our annual Canada fishing/family vacation yesterday. Had a great time with decent weather. Caught a bunch of fish, but after the second day, our memory card on the camera crapped out. We didn't want to lose any pics already taken, so no more were attempted.

Here are some pics though:

1003920zp9.jpg

Parents-in-law and friends fishing the first morning....

1003786ip3.jpg

My daughter and I getting back from a nice ride....

1003926fh2.jpg

My wife with a nice 'gill caught while we were panfishing...

1003830ge8.jpg

1003951qi6.jpg

A couple of scenic pics from our cottage....

1003961rn6.jpg

Me doing my fatherly duties before going out fishing....

All in all, it was an awesome trip....many eater walleyes caught in the 14-16" range. The biggest eye caught during the trip was 22 3/4" caught while trolling over 38 FOW. That fish was suspended 10 feet off the bottom.

While I was out by myself one evening, I caught a 31 1/2" pike while trying for some smallies. I was a little hard to land by myself, but it was successfully released.

Also, found some huge gills for the wife to land...some 10.5" bullgills were caught by her!!

Take care!

Wow! Awesome pictures Johnny, well done smile.gif I'll give you a call at work this week and catch up.

Planned on fishing with Tuzzy , Sal and Northshore but we got sidetracked after the Remsen Barn Fesival of the Arts and ended up at the big Carbone Super Sale and made a bid on a used van to replace the green fish wagon after 133K it needs struts, shocks, tires and a catalytic converter so an upgrade is what I need. I'll check with the dealer in the morning and hopefully get this wrapped up so I can start fishing again.

Fishingking - Thanks for the Walmart tip I'll check em out on that net...

Frank your phone message was a day late and a dollar short. ooo.gif Chocolate Milk and that cold front that blew in shut em down all i caught was one short eye. The perch fishing was non-existent too as we checked on a couple of regulars and they only had one perch. Good luck in the tourney tomorrow! When i got home I changed the oil in Heathers car and took down 3 air conditioning units, time for a Bud light cool.gif