• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water Reports - 2006

Johnny - We are dead north west of where you go the other side of Sharbot Lake. I checked out that map you had on here and typed in Crotch Lake, and it popped up. You can see there is actually two lakes attached with a "crotch"....

The other leg of the lake has a lodge calle Tumblehome lodge. Our side of the lake is just our camps and a few tent sites. http://virtualnorth.com/tumblehome/

Timmy - Nice job on Oneida!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z's afternoon report was two keepers 17" and a 19.5" walleye. Perch bite and shallow walleye bite was non -existent. Working 25' of water dragging bottom bouncer and brown trout floating rap produced two keeper eyes and he lost a good one on the phone when I was talking to him. Rob tried a crawler harness and botttom bouncer on the other rod and couldn't catch anything but white bass and a lot of em so he's switching that rod to match the other to hopefully bag one more keeper. Winds are 15 mph...

Well we tried 3 different areas and the last area paid off well. In 30' of water off of bouy 121 east. As you can see the eyes I caught in the pics were on 1/4 oz. black bucktails, not pictured were two more keepers that came on purple bucktails all sweetened with a 1/2 a crawler. No smallmouth today but quite a few white bass. We ended up with 5 keepers and the last eye caught a 19" hit in 11' as we were getting to ready to leave. That was on my bait cast combo with a blue glass X-Rap which he slammed right by the boat. I missed one eye on a bucktail but I got a chance to feel him before he popped off and it was a dandy. frown.gif CNY Frank, Lee, Don and Ray? met us at the diner late and unfortunately we played cellphone tag and we just didn't get a chance to hook up with em on the lake. It was a beautiful day and like Oneida when the wind picked up so did the fishing... 1000117ix8.jpg1000118ov5.jpg

Tim, I got 2 keepers out south of 121 on Shackleton shoals sitting in 12 feet and casting chartreuse rattle trap into the deeper water pulling with the waves. Crawled the lure real slow . . .walleye slammed hard and Lee thought it was a smallie and I thought it was a northern since it did not come up. Real good fight . . . 24 inches and 16. Went smallie hunting the last hour and Lee tangled into about a 4 lber that hit top water in the thick weeds around Frenchman's Island. I got your voicemail but it was really garbly.

Nice wally there on that 24" Frank... Yep they do like them rattletraps pretty cool Z stumbled on to that. I was throwing rattle traps earlier in the day and couldn't catch a cold on the north shore. The run out to 121 paid off nicely. Stopped at ABC and picked up some interesting bucktails for the weekend assault. Caroline told her supplier to get going on some of those good patterns she will call me when they come in. I am sure that Tuzzy and I can give you guys a couple of these 3/8 oz. babies if you want to drift with us next Saturday. The Walmart crawlers are pretty inexpensive and the eyes love em.

Well Tuzzy and I got our ashes handed to us today on the Big O, it was terrible, not one walleye and to make matters worse not one fish. Changing front? who knows the winds were never steady they kept turning around. Fished deep to shallow and pulled off at 11 a.m. Even the old timer that cruises by us almost every Saturday had nothing to show. Tuzzy had his first text book drive on! Perfectly executed. Hopefully things will be better next week out there. Umpiring is winding down and my Tuesday night Slowpitch still has one more week then playoffs start. Heather went back to Alfred this morning and Krissy will be heading back to Bay Path Monday after she returns from Argentina next Saturday. Rosa fell in love with a puppy it's a border collie/beagle mix and she should have her in the next couple of weeks she is the runt of an eight puppy litter. And here's Rosa with "Peanut" 1000124wg3.jpg

Here's Heather and my favorite and he's a male..

1000128kg1.jpg

Here is Momma with some of her pups...

1000134us7.jpg

You can't dampen my spirits today Frank, we pick up Peanut at 6:30 p.m. laugh.gif Tuzzy will be leadcore lining on Oneida tomorrrow with his brother and friend. Days are becoming shorter and the nights are becoming cooler it's slipping into fall nicely...

Timmy - how is the pup doing? Remember the first two things they need to learn is thier name and the word no!

No fishing or fun this week here. Went back to the gym on monday and already lost 8 lbs. I gained a bunch back this summer plus a co-worker bet me a night of no attachment your wish is my command fun to the one who loses the most weight between me and her. She's dosent realize what she got into! Picked up a 2 grade promotion and a 3G raise at work also, get another on on my annaversary in 2 months - gotta love the state...

Got thursday off and heading up to the James Taylor concert at the fair...

That's it Jay, Rosa and Iare doing the training thing and we actually got some decent sleep last night peanut slept better with a blanket that had human scent more so than her doggie blanket, 3.5 hours. Last night I took her walk/run around the cul de sac and was impressed for little feet how quik they can run, naturally nothing I have seen is as fast as your dog, but for her size she's quick. Gotta tell you what happened on Staurday opposiet my house is an open lawn on the grass and I felt the rain was coming and coming quick so I said let me just jog back calling her name and see how fast she can go., well I did and she was moving until she leaped off the curb and tumbled like 6 times, incredible, I thought she was toast but she actedlike nothng fazedher. So having dog hair combats road rash I guess. Taking Krissy's shtuff back to school with the caravan becuase my wife's van has a bad transmission cooling line. Fingers crossed here she will make it there and back... Call me this week ... I'm done umpiring and I will start scouting eyes soon...

Frank and I played some hookey today from work and well Franky caught a couple of smallies and a 19" walleye. I got bumps but didn't connect. Oneida was pretty rough out there today and enjoyed Franky's Skeeter very much, man is that baby fast, Wow! Worked around Lewis Pt. for smallies and over to the north shore for eyes. Rattle trap strikes again grin.gif

Dark Cloud - Got your units today I'll bring em to the post office tomorrow. smile.gif

Haha thanks for changing my post its all good though smile.gif When's a good time to call? I dont want to a bother on this holiday weekend. I'll probably be around for a weeked or 2 of Walleye fishing this fall smile.gif My sister goes to Oswego, shes renting a house there. Its a perfect place to stay when I go Salmon fishing and its pretty close to the Walleye spot. smile.gif Before I really think about the Flasher I need to make some money. Just bought a brand new truck and the funds are way down.

Tim did not mention that the rattle trap got caught in some weeds and when I jerked her out she slammed into the trolling motor head and became two!! So a trip to Bass Pro and I now have a new one and . . .a replacement . They really are not rattle traps but the same types but are the BPS brand XPS. When you stop the retrieve they sit horizontal and then sink that way shimmying to whatever depth you want. A rattle trap will dive head first. All the fish seem to like them pulled at a medium speed. Tim we should have thrown something that suspended over the weeds with all the wind . . . might have been the ticket. Glad you enjoyed the ride at 65 . . . those cheesebrurgers were the highlight of the day though . . . well that and a good fishing companion.

Always a fun time fishing with friends and those Dematteo's burgers hit the spot. Franky a good friend what have picked up two more of those special traps from BPS and given him to a buddy who in kindly would have paid for them cash. grin.gif

Now if we can get the rain to shut down some we can start venturing the shallows for the eyes...