• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

white bass fishing

I grew up in Cooperstown and we used to fish the Sheyenne River early in the year. We'd walk up and down the banks casting yellow maribu jigs. If I remember correctly, they were called Doll Flies and I'm not sure you can get them anymore. We'd cast to the other bank, pop the jig into the water and bounce it along the cuurent until you got hit. You would need lots of jigs though, plenty of snags on the bottoms. They can be an absolute blast if you get into them. Once you find them, numbers aren't a problem. Good luck and I hope you get more responses to this one. I'd be curious to see how they catch them in lakes.

we were on devils 3 years ago and got into them prety good in mid spring. we semd to catch more in 6-10fow next to weed lines we hardly got any in the timber or in open water. we found them buy casting and blasting.never caught any in the winter.beatle spins and twisters worked for us .