• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 1650 Rebel ?

robby

Question

I am very close to buying a new Lund Rebel
1650 with a Johnson 40 h.p. 4 stroke tiller.
I am debating over a transom or bow mount
Minnkota.Also thinking about Lowrance X-125
for a depth finder.Wondering if the 40 h.p will do a good enough job for back trolling,and just do a bow mount.Any suggestions for other options would much appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I have an 03' 1650 tiller. Bought it as a demo with a 30 4 stroke mercury. The 30 just wasn't enough for 3 people or for pulling a tube ( 5 year old son ) and another adult in boat. So I moved up to a 50 yamaha 4 stroke this spring. I couldn't be happier with the boat. I did put in a timed livewell switch. I also have minnkota's front & rear. A flasher in the bow and also just added splashguards this week. I think you will really like the boat the 40 should be fine. I just figured as my son gets bigger the 30 would not have been enough motor and figured I might as well move up while my 30 was still worth some good money.. Any other ?'s let me know. We are leaving this morning for Bowstring for a week so wont be able to reply for a while... Scott

I brought my Rebel for about $5,945 back in 2001. New hull for $3200, Trailer was $950, the 1995 Evinrude was $1,400.
I am satisfied with the boat, but the 25 is underpowered with 3 people in the boat.
I am trying to sell the Evinrude for $1,100 so I can get a Yamaha 50 next week.
Ray's Marine in GR is where I brought it from.

[This message has been edited by MWellner (edited 06-26-2004).]

I have a 1650 Rebel In Camo(green) with the carpeted floor and 40 4stroke Honda. I wired in the Bow Mount myself with the plug in as it did not come with one. Put in a cigarette lighter back by the toggles. Put a floor mount motor tilt switch and believe me that is NICE!!Flip down beverage holders and a light on the inside for night fishing. I have a Bow Mount and would have to look at it as I would get the next size up and a longer shaft for fishing rougher water(99% of the time it works great though)I have a co-pilot on the power drive and wouldn't give it up!! I'd like to put in a radio but do not know where to put it as I don't want to give up an ounce of storage space in the rod lockers. I am looking at getting a new locator - lowrance x100c. Also have the Rod holders with the fush mount base and the long shafted holders, I think they are RAM's. Have a Clearwater in front with the ice fishing battery under the front hatch. That's about it! OH I also have a Shore Land'r roller trailer - SWEEEET.Loads and unloads smoooothly. Perfect set-up for me & my family!