• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question about packing trailer bearings

joshb

Question

not to long ago i repacked the bearings on the boat trailer. shortly after i noticed that some grease had pushed out the backside of the hub, i don't run bearing buddies so i'm asuming the pressure has been equalized and they should not be squirting any more grease out. my question.....did this ruin the inner seals or are they still good?.

1 answer to this question

Josh

It is unlikely your seals are hurt if they were good when you recently re-installed them. A little grease pushing out the back is routine for those of us who run bearing buddies, or in my case cross drilled spindles. I would recommend bearing buddies or equivalent though. They will keep your bearings mint without the constant repacking if you keep them lubed with quality grease.