• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Debate/new outboard choice

MWellner

Question

It just turns out that the fuel tank was causing all my problems on the 25 hp Evinrude due to a cracked plastic fitting on the fuel tank (it has that plastic screw in fitting)

My old man just can't get over the fact that I brought a new Lund 1650 Rebel with/used outboard back in 2001 instead of a early 80's Lund and put a new outboard on there. I am 22 now.
I am just satisfied even through my outboard is underpowered.
Anything wrong with these older early 80s Lunds that would prove I made the right decison? It was through my stepmoms brother who formerly owned Lindys Resort.
He had the early 80s Lund with flat floor with a 40 hp rating. He did say it was a V-hull, I have never seen a older lund open boat with a V. It must be a older form of the Rebel. Can anyone confirm that it wasnt a "V"?

BTW I am confused between the 2 stroke Yamaha and the 4 stroke Johnson. Both are 50 tillers. I want a new outboard that will be reliable, and no problems, but I think thats a Yamaha. Yamaha 4 stroke is out of my price range.

[This message has been edited by MWellner (edited 06-21-2004).]

4 answers to this question

The older Lunds are still nice boats and do the job. I sold an '86 console package a couple years ago and sometimes wish I still had it. I was going to tear it apart and give it a new life but decided to go a different direction.

Take a tour of the boat yards and there's plenty of those models that were traded and waiting for new owners.

Definetly go with the 4-stroke. You will never regret it. Not only are they much quieter, much more fuel effecient, but they don't pollute the water anywhere near as bad as a 2-stroke. Have you checked the prices yet on a Johnson/Evinrude 4 stroke? Don't know for sure but they might just be less than a Yamaha. Worth looking into.

------------------
YOU CAN'T talk AN OLD talk'ER!