• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas on Lures - How to Remove.

Povern

Question

While up in Canada fishing with the faimly, a 'small accident occured and I'm looking for some help in fixing it.

My daughter acceidentaly spilled about half my trolling lures in some water that had gas in it in the back of the boat.

I can't afford all new lures, so I have to clean these.

Any ideas on how to get the gas off of them, once that happened. the fishing just stopped for those lures.

Thanx in advance.

POvern

9 answers to this question

This was just a thought and I have never tired it.
What if you would rub them around in some fish guts to get the smell off. Or even you could use some fish scent to rub on there. Who knows its worth a try. grin.gif

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

Put them in the dish washer. That will definately get rid of the smell. Even if there is a trace of gas on lures, it won't make much difference.

Walleyes have a great sense of smell. However, while feeding, walleyes don't depend on their sense of smell as much as we may think. The #1 factor is your lures action.

Whatever you do, don't throw them away!

I've had this happen before and I just washed them using the "No Scent" soap that's made for washing your hands.

Seemed to work as the fish started hitting them again. I did mine with teh hooks on as I just had a few. But if you have several them you may want to pull the hooks off for safety reasons and replace them.

Borch