• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building your own livewell

Norco

Question

Hey Guys,
Im looking at building my own livewell in my boat and was wanting to know what type of container would be good to use as well as as motors and pumps. Ideally I would like the livewell 47"long x 12" tall x 12 wide. Any ideas?? I have looked at coolers but they are not long enough. This well will be for walleye only. If someone wants to sell one Id also be intersested.

Cheers!!!

[This message has been edited by Norco (edited 06-12-2004).]

5 answers to this question

We have some kits available that include everything from the tank to the pump and aerators. I'm writing this post from home so I don't want to quote you an incorrect price but I'll post again when I have a chance to check the numbers.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com

Build one if you want a learning experience, which BTW is nothing wrong with that but you won't find a cooler to meet your criteria. Or buy one from Valv and bypass the added expense of making the one you made work or look right. smile.gif

Hi, Norco,

Sorry it took so long to post a reply. Busy season. Our 21" kit runs $230 bucks. The 29" kit is $265. These kits have everything you'll need for installation, including the pump, hoses, wiring, switches, etc. These aren't the cheapest ones on the market, but they're the best livewells we've been able to find. The top lid has a built-in mounting flange. The lid and the flange are heavy duty grey textured plastic designed for standing on. They also have a self-sealing snap shut latch with a rubber gasket to keep the water from splashing out.
So, anyway, if you decide to look into them, just give us a holler.

------------------
Steve @ Bakken's Boat Shop www.bakkensboatshop.com