• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcasting Reel and Rod

bassman186

Question

If I were to buy any Baitcasting Reel and any Rod which would I get? Money is no option, this "Combo" would be used for lakes not saltwater. Any advice would be great also personal experiences and reasoning is encouraged.

2 answers to this question

Well i reckon' this combo would be for bass? Maybe a few other species? Well i personally like Abu Garcia Ambassaduer series reels, C4 4600 series... Its a nice reel for throwin' spinnerbaits, crankbaits, topwater, and jigs. I havent had any problems with it.. As for a rod, i personally like a Medium Heavy about 6 1/2 -7 foot rod. Well, i believe other ppl can tell you what brand of rod to get, i havent used any of those expensive rods to tell you what to get. But i believe a good combo should range from 150-200 bucks. Just matters on what you are gonna use it for (species) and what type of cover you gonna be usin it fer. Well best of luck..Just my 2 cents

If money was no option I would pick up a few Shimano Chronarch MG's (don't really like the shiny finish of the Calais) and pair it with a nice G-Loomis or St. Croix Legend Elite depending on what type of fishing I would do.

Happy Fishing smile.gif
Chev