• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loose Tracker Steering Wheel

Question

I was hoping someone could tell me how to tighten my steering wheel on a '98 Tracker Deep V. The whole thing is loose. There are a few "external" screws you can see when facing it from the seat. I tried tightening them and they seem to be tight. I assume there must be something behind the wheen under the column to tighten. If anyone knows how and if there are any special tools needed, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm not the most handy guy around and am afraid I'll mess it up worse by tinkering. Thank you!

7 answers to this question

I pried off the middle cover. There was one nut in the middle. I took it off and the steering wheel still wouldn't come off. I checked under the steering counsel and on the backside there are tons of wires and stuff. There is absolutely NO WAY of tightening it? If not, is it dangerous to run this way? I can still steer. Just worried I might be going full bore and lose control. Thanks!

I will have to come down and see you. I'm unable to drive right now. I will be able to in a month or so. I will definately come down and get it repaired. Thanks!