• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM bass league canceled...

CorynTracySellHomes

Thought I had posted earlier on this...guess it didn't go through.

I'm going to keep this at the top of the "check threads" as you get more information. A buddy and I might be interested in joining this for the summer.

My opinion: $100 a team for each event is what you are thinking?!? I personally feel that is a little expensive. If you were to have 5 events, that will cost a guy $250-500 (depending if a guy has a partner or fishing solo)over the summer. That fee plus gas, food, etc. & that gets to be a pretty expensive over the summer. I guess I don't have an extra $1000 laying around for tournaments if that is the case. Depends on who your target market is for these events.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this last post. I'd lean more to about $20 per stick and more of a fun get together than serious tourny fishin. I don't think we need folks to feel like they have to have a $30K bass boat to fish these. In fact maybe anybody under 18 should get in the pot for free. Then guys could partner with their kids. Maybe gals for $10 per stick

Keep it cheap so some of the young folks starting out can get a good friendly feel for a tournment.

If a young person starting out in tourneys wanted to spend this kinda money he could sign up a co-angler at one of the bassmaster weekenders for $125 this would really teach them something.

Maybe some gag gifts for smallest sack. How about something like a blind bogey? Just draw a winning weight out of a hat and see which team is closest. Maybe a prize for top lady etc

Last idea, start early season over in WI.

I have to agree with all of Beef's ideas. Being 19, i am interested in fishing some tourny's this summer but am not willing to drop 100-150 bucks to get started. This idea looks like it could be a lot of fun for everybody.

I also like the idea of keeping it cheap, since I will be in other tourneys throughout the summer. Obviously there is a bunch of interest in starting something through FM; actually, there's probably too much interest for just one league. So, I guess there is no reason why we couldn't make 2 or more leagues out of this. Maybe one for north metro, and one for South; or one w/high entry fees, and one w/ low. Then make a championship between the two, near the end of the season. What are people thinkin?? -Rob

Just an FYI,

If you are planning on Tonka, for 100 boats you will be hard pressed to get the permit. You will also spen a minimum of $1,000 to obtain the mandatory 1 million dollar insurance policy recquired by the Hennepin county sheriffs department and the LMCD. I have run tournaments legally now for the last four years, and gave up on fishing Tonka two years ago. We paid for the extortion the two years before. I am giving up running the tournaments this year due to my photography goals, but I will still fish in a couple that will work into my schedule. You will need to obtain county, city, and sheriff department permits for each lake that you plan on fishing. Just a thought--Carver county does not recquire a permit on Waconia, but they do request that you let them know the dates. Keep us posted.

Tom W

This sounds like a lot of fun and there is a lot of interest out there. I know its tough to please everybody and how tough it is to put something like this together but I would suggest $50 a boat. This would appeal to both the serious angler and those looking to learn something out there. If you want to take part in a pro/am and do the full circuit it would cost you around $1000 when its all said and done. Just my .02

A beautiful idea. There are many suggestions on the table which is very good. However it really depends on what our goal is. It is kinda fishing vs. relationships. there are times when i go fishing during the summer to catch fish and there are times when i go because of the people i am with. This is one of those things. Do we want to go hardcore catch fish and try and win some $$$$ or do we make it fun with gags and a bumper boats competition. Or somewhere in between. As any man i am purpose driven minded so let me know what our purpose is and then i will know if i am in or not. Good ideas fellas. keep the info coming deitz and cory. ike

Ok... I have talked to Cory... and we argee this is a good idea.. please chime in and let us know. This is my idea.

4 tournaments plus a possible TOC (tournament of champions)

$20 per person per tournament. You can fish alone or as a team.(team would be $40, $20 per person. For those interested there will be what is called a Calcutta(a side bet) of an additional $60 to equal $100 per team...

This would allow those that didn't want to spend the money and money was tight to compete. So it would almost be 2 seperate tournaments held at the same time.

Just incase anybody is confused.. Lets say that there are 10 people. a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i and j.

g, h, i, j, decide that they would just like to pay $20 and no more... That is fine!!!

a,b,c,d,e,f all decide they want the big bucks and put in the extra $60 per boat...

This is how the tounament ends.

j

a

b

g

c

are the top 5 in that order...and we wouldpay out the top 3.

J, a, b, would get the main pot checks for 1st second and third place...

On the calcutta bet.

a would get the first place check because they were the highest place team to pay the extra $60...

b would get paid for 2nd place

and c woudl get third place check even though they got 5th place becuause the other that placed above didnt pay the calcutta.

I hope this is clear enough,, this way again, people dont have to pay the larger entry if they dont want to.. you can just get tournament expierience.

ideas?

clear and sounds good.

my only question is about those of us that wouldn't be able to use our boats. I have a pontoon boat i fish from all the time and cpr bass. But i don't have a livewell so i couldn't probably use my boat in the tournament. would there be spots for non boat contributors?

Carl- I am sure there are boaters out there that will not have partners. We will do our best to get those who would like to do this a partner. I am thinking myself of just going the $20 rout and then not getting a permanent partnerfor the season and have a different partner for each tournament...

My vote is to keep it simple. Easy to sign up with straight forward simple rules and requirements.

Start the first year on lakes near the metro.

Based on interest could expand to outstate areas in subsequent years.

50 dollar entry per team seems reasonable.

Partners could be male or female without age restrictions.

Based on 20 boats thats $1000 to hand out to the winners.

$200 for big bass

$400 first place

$250 second place

$150 third place

It won't brake the bank to enter and its enough to keep me fishing hard for eight hours.

Thanks to Cory and Dietz for your efforts to pull something together.

Sounds like a great idea Dietz and Corey! Could you make this a sticky thread so we don't have to dig through all the threads to find this?!?

bklimek and I are definately interested so keep us all updated with the dates, locations, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work on this guys!!!

Forestlaker, I would just like to say that "reasonable" is subjective. $50 may be reasonable for you, but it sounds like there are plenty of people who might prefer a smaller entrance fee.

Dietz, I love your idea, to me the concept sounds simple, straight forward and flexible. For $20 I would be very excited to give tournament fishing a try, and it still gives others a chance to try for a little more money if they want.

Here is a "TENTATIVE" list of lakes!!

We are trying to keep this within 100 miles of downtown.

North: Knife Lake out of Mora

East: Forest Lake out of Forest Lake

West: Horseshoe out of Cold Spring

South: Faribault area lake, we are working on selecting this one. Keep you posted!

Cory Frantzick