• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM bass league canceled...

CorynTracySellHomes

Would anyone be interested in fishing a FM Bass League? Maybe do 4 tourneys with a championship at the end of the year? Let me know if anyone would be interested!

Cory Frantzick

Quote:

[JUST ADDED 4/18/06:

Ok... Here is a tentitive plan from Deitz and Corey.. We are going to try and keep it under 15 boats for most of the events. That way we wont need to pull a permit. If we have to Corey is going to try and get one. We will try and stay small this year and grow it each year... Here is a list of dates and lakes that Corey and I have come up with... We will open registration on a date to be names later and it will be a first come first serve type deal I think... we still need to iron that out.

June 17th Knife Lake (North Tournament)

July 22nd Jefferson Lake (South Tournament)

Aug 26th Forest Lake (East Tournament)

Sept 16th Horshoe (west tournament)]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested if it stayed within 100 miles of the Metro Area. With gas prices, I can't afford to drive a rig up north for a day and drive back. Gas and lodging alone would be around $300 total. Mississippi near Pepin, Clearwater, and those type places would interest me.

I am thinking of doing it as a Team Format, I will work on Dates and locations if I can get a good idea of how many potential teams we may have.

I am thinking of keeping them with in 100 miles from the cities.

If you do not have a team I would like individuals to sign up as well and i will pair up boaters & non boaters.

Let me know if we want to run with this!

Cory Frantzick

I would be interested also, but I am filling up my tournament card. Deitz, we will have to check on permits. A number of clubs fish without permits (DNR) they only need to draw the county permits. I think entry fee's and payouts figure into it some how....

Cory- Ok got it.. I would be willing to help in any way that I can.

Looks like it really depends on the dates... and keeping everybody happy will be the hard thing.

Cory-You have mail!!!

Cory-We should talk via e-mail I have had an idea for a tournament league where dates wouldnt be as big an issue...If anybody has watched Match fishing Championship you know what my idea might be.

I'd possibly be interested, but being the cheapskate that I am and having never fished a tournament before the question of money comes up. Are you looking to gear this up as an excuse to get out on the water, meet fellow FMers and gain some bragging rights or are you looking to make a some money?

Hey its not completely flat (6 deg), Thats fine if we do that test than we need to do the shallow water river test also.... say in mid August at the river rodeo, we'll run from Otsego to the trailer park.... sounds fair to me.

Then after that Ill tow you back to your trailer blush.gifgrin.gif

Anyway I might be nterested in this also... we'll have to see, has to be on a weekend day though (Saturday) and would like to see one of the events on the river in Anoka (glass boats are good here to from the bridge to the dam) but have it open from The Dam to The Crow River

I wish I didn't have to be in WI for half the summer, otherwise I'd fish it. I'll keep an eye on how it works out, I've wanted an FM bass league for a while now, figures that I won't be able to fish it. Good luck, hope it works out!

Hey Lunker!!

Is that my house in the background of your picture????

OK!

Here is what I am thinking.

$100.00 per boat Team Tournaments.

Points towards the championship would be each indiviual, so if you can not find a partner for all of the events it is not a big deal, you can use a new partner.

Dietz and myself are working on dates and lakes, with a tentative championship on Lake Minnetonka. We are trying to find lakes within 100 miles of downtown in each area, one west, one north, South, and East.

This should be alot of fun!

Cory, looks like you have some interest. I hope this works out for you all. My dates are pretty booked with 14 (maybe 15) tourneys in 3 1/2 months (maybe I shouldn't be counting on making 2 different TOCs crazy.gif) plus several during-the-week evening contests.

If you decide on a south-central MN lake, shoot me an email and I'd be glad to take you out prefishing down this way.