• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Arcs? Depthfinder Related

Guido

Question

Was trolling over a piece of structure yesterday, with my Fishmark 320. Anyway 25 feet of water I graph a school of bait. I go to the opposite side of the structure to have 5 BEAUTIFUL crisp, clean, fish arcs that took up 1/3 of the screen, behind the school of bait. Predators ??? Yes! smile.gif

My question is this, what had to happen for this beautiful display of fish as described, like the ones you see at gander mountain on the demo? Does it matter if I was vertical, because I almost was. Is the arc simply the fish swimming up and down? Because if I was catching walleyes shaped like the display they would be awfully weird grin.gif

note-I was graphing fish earlier in the day and the were smaller in size and not as much of an "arc" as oppose to little cigars and specs. and boomerang looking things on the bottom. Was really perplexed and in awe when I saw this.

------------------
1...2...bam got him

6 answers to this question

From what i have heard and learned from people smarter than myself is if you are getting partial arcs then your transducer is either pointed too far down or too far up. hope this helps

------------------
no-no boys there's two O's in goose!

If the fish is Directly under your transducer and stationary and so is your transducer(boat) there will be no arc it will remain a flat line. Tha arc is created as a fish moves from outside edge of cone(edge of cone reads Deeper) thru center then on edge again.

My guess is the fish was relatively motion less as your trnsducer floated over.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 06-07-2004).]

Thanks for the posts everybody, it was truly a sight to see. Never before had I seen true arcs like that. My guess is I was on a school of walleyes that were huge!!! wink.gif