• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unique trailer

woodview

Question

I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience or opinion on a trailer like mine.
The trailer actually stays mounted on the pontoon. Basically once it's in the water you pull a pin to release the lock on the tongue and crank the winch. There are two cables attached to the winch - one lifts the trailer tongue up (there's a joint) and the other cable lifts the tires up under the boat like airplane landing gear.

It looks like the tires should have plenty of clearance, but the tongue may be a bit of an obstacle. I'm just curious to know if anyones ever seen this kind of set up since I hadn't and I'm going to be getting it in for the first time real soon.

4 answers to this question

Surface Tension - You're right on the money - old toon.
It seems to pull just fine, especially for a pontoon.
IFallsRon, the "second" thing I thought when I saw it was that it would be perfect for beaching it if you owned a cabin. The trailer detaches from the pontoon with pins but I think that would be a bit of a pain if you had to do it more than a couple of times.
The "first" thing that I thought when I saw it was that with it being a pontoon it'd be perfect for the kids and that when I'm out fishing some of the st cloud area lakes by myself it should be pretty easy at the landing, even in a heavy wind - just lower the tongue and hooker up. When Theresa and I talked about trying to find a pontoon I had flashbacks to helping a group load up on Mille Lacs when they couldn't control it in the wind.