• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

durabank charger help

analyzer

Question

I did a search and cannot find the information I'm looking for.

I have a 24 volt minnkota with batteries hooked up in series.

The two bank charger has 2 red lights and 2 green lights and only one set of lights come on when I plug it in.

Crystal Pierce told me it was fine. Everyone else I ask says both red lights should come on.

I looked at the 2 bank wiring...

There was two sets of red and black wires. One with a blue mark and one with a yellow mark. They had the positive from the blue set hooked to the positive of batt #1, with the negative from the blue set, hooked to the negative of batt #2. The positive of the yellow set to the positive of Batt#2 and the negative from the yellow to the negative of Batt #1. I disconnected everything on the batteries and hooked the blue set to one battery and the yellow set to the other battery and both red indicator lights came on.

Now I came home from a trip and tried to plug in the 2 bank, and no lights come on. I talked to crystal and they say they had it right in the first place.

question 1: Is crystal pierce doing drugs? (maybe they're drinking like the legislators)

Question 2: Is there a plug underneath the charger that may have fallen out by pulling on the wires?

Question 3: Should the two sets of wires coming from the charger, be hooked to both batteries or just one each?

4 answers to this question

I would say that the positive and negative for each bank should each go to the their own batteries - positive and negative for bank 1 to battery 1, positive and negative for bank 2 to battery 2.

Each bank's charge indicators should light up in my opinion - provided the leads are hooked to the batteries correctly.

I have a three-bank charger and it's hooked up this way except, of course, to three batteries instead of two and it's worked fine for 3 years.

Although most of the on-board chargers are well protected against wrong connections, it's possibe the charger has been damaged.

If my sketch is correct, the way you say it was hooked up originally would have put bank 1 across 24 volts and bank two would have been shorted out by the wire that connects battery 1 and battery 2 in series.

That sounds about right, whoaru99. I had Crystal pierce look at it, and they replaced it. Glen said one bank was fried.

Thanks for your reply's.

And thank you to CP for replacing the charger, no questions asked. They were very accomodating today, and I appreciate it. They haven't been perfect, but have recovered their fumbles very well!